Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > Welcome, Feedback & Technology > Announcements & Welcome

Notices

Announcements & Welcome Say a few words about yourself & view announcements about Brightcecilia. What brought you to the Brightcecilia music forums?

Hello BrightCecilia!!

Old 13-01-11, 04:52 PM

Liverpool Phil is on a distinguished road
Default Hello BrightCecilia!!

I just joined, and look forward to talking with you.

I am 'Liverpool Phil' - well actually I live about half way between Liverpool and Manchester, in England. I am a very keen record collector and concert goer, my wife and myself are long-time patrons and supporters of several of the very fine symphony orchestras which we have here in the north of England, the Halle and the BBC Philharmonic, who play at the Manchester Bridewater Hall, but most especially the wonderful Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra...the 'Phil' these days are experiencing a huge upturn in their fortunes following the appointment of the brilliant young Russian conductor Vasily Petrenko as their chief conductor, and we think we now once again have one of the very best orchestras that there is anywhere, they are playing to regular 'sold-out' signs again in Liverpool, and the recordings (largely so far of Russian music) which they are making with Petrenko are winning the highest of praise from the critics and major awards left, right, and centre. So we are all quite content!!

Anyway, I hope to see you around the forum.

'Phil'
Old 13-01-11, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of

Phil,

Nice to meet you - in the social media sense - and a warm welcome. Great to hear the Liverpool Phil's so healthy. I've been publishing doom and gloom articles about the fate of British orchestras due to the cuts but maybe I should pack it in and listen to you!

Phil
Old 13-01-11, 06:46 PM

Liverpool Phil is on a distinguished road

Hello, and thanks!

Yes, we are doing quite nicely, for example...

LINK
Old 13-01-11, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of

That's wonderful. All power to your elbows!