Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > It's not classical music but we like it > Brightcecilia Arts

Notices

Brightcecilia Arts Literature, philosophy, dance, ballet, film, painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, printmaking, computer art, antiques, fashion -- discuss the non-music arts here

Sheryl Crow sings Cole Porter

Old 13-03-12, 08:25 AM

Tarantella is a glorious beacon of light Tarantella is a glorious beacon of light Tarantella is a glorious beacon of light Tarantella is a glorious beacon of light Tarantella is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sheryl Crow sings Cole Porter

I found this link from the bio-pic of Cole Porter, "De Lovely". It is a fabulous performance of "Begin the Beguine", sung by Sheryl Crow. I was sceptical, at first, when the film was released as I wondered how a 'pop' singer would handle Cole Porter. But she does it magnificently, especially on the lines, "let the love that was once a fire remain an ember". Oh, such wonderful, grown-up lyrics from a genius (Porter) and anyone who has ever really been in love can identify with every word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUFd...eature=related