Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > Welcome, Feedback & Technology > Announcements & Welcome

Notices

Announcements & Welcome Say a few words about yourself & view announcements about Brightcecilia. What brought you to the Brightcecilia music forums?

Too long?

Old 19-04-12, 02:46 PM

vicvoss is on a distinguished road
Default Too long?

I'm probably the newest and oldest member. Retired 1986 (industrial chemist). Wrote music-processing program (in C on Atari ST, using midi) at the same time as the Finn twins were writing "Sibelius". On my program I wrote an old-fashioned string quartet. By 1999 I was writing a website for "Freeserve" containing my music. Bought the Sibelius program. Started New Composers Web Ring and ran it for over ten years (100+ members for a time). Wrote a couple of orchestral pieces. Used to average maybe 30+ visitors a week to my website, but over the past few years it's dropped right away. I need to think somebody's trying my music, otherwise I'm better walking the beach. Joined twitter recently, where I found and "followed" brightcecilia, whereupon Danican Philidor kindly became my first real follower.
Old 19-04-12, 03:08 PM

Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of Balthazar has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forums!
Old 19-04-12, 03:48 PM

Thanks. I'll never get to 865 posts.
Old 19-04-12, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of Philidor has much to be proud of

Warm welcome Vic. If you start a thread about your website, I'll tweet it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvoss View Post
Thanks. I'll never get to 865 posts.
Yes you will!
Old 19-04-12, 04:20 PM

Thanks, Philidor. I'll try to start a suitable thread later. Mustn't get too confused between this site and twitter.