Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > The Classical Music Studio > Classical Music Performance

Notices

Classical Music Performance Explore instrumental & vocal techniques, practice routines, performance nerves, obtaining a teacher, exams, auditions, buying & selling an instrument

Voice Recorders for Opera Singers

Old 24-03-11, 11:39 AM

sopranorochelle is on a distinguished road
Default Voice Recorders for Opera Singers

I need help! I've been using an Olympus digital voice recorder to record my lessons for a little over a year now, but it's just not 'doing the deed'. While it's been good for recording bits and bobs, it's not really good for getting a grasp on depths and colours and where I need to work on the finer points of my voice. My biggest complaint is that it makes anything off the staff sound like a dying seagull. I know my voice is fuller than it's reflecting, but listening back to my practice recorded on that thing is giving me a mental complex and instead of helping me, I'm starting to second guess myself!!

Can anyone recommend a decent recorder? I don't have a ton of money - so something around the £100 mark preferably. Anything that will do a bit better of a job with the high frequencies of my top range. I know nothing non-professional is going to pick it up perfectly.. but anything better than what I have currently would be ace.

Thanks!