Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums

Go Back   Brightcecilia Classical Music Forums > Welcome, Feedback & Technology > Announcements & Welcome

Notices

Announcements & Welcome Say a few words about yourself & view announcements about Brightcecilia. What brought you to the Brightcecilia music forums?

Google lead me here...

Old 13-06-11, 08:30 PM

ayjaygeebee is on a distinguished road
Default Google lead me here...

Hi, I've been away from classical music for most of the last 25 yrs (not ever stopped loving it though) but want to get "back in" and experience as much as I can in the next 25.
Played a bit of cello at school, but know very little about the current classical music scene so lots of catching up to do!
I came across brightcelia on google ( searching 'classical music forum' this forum came up third in natural search which is very impressive).
Plan to get to some events in London / SE soon.
AJGB
Old 13-06-11, 09:26 PM

Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold Baroque Mongoose is a splendid one to behold

Welcome!

I think it's fair to say there's something for enthusiasts of every type of classical music here.
Old 13-06-11, 09:26 PM

Kubalivre will become famous soon enough

Welcome to BC!
Old 13-06-11, 09:56 PM

Sonatina is a splendid one to behold Sonatina is a splendid one to behold Sonatina is a splendid one to behold Sonatina is a splendid one to behold Sonatina is a splendid one to behold Sonatina is a splendid one to behold Sonatina is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, jaygeebee, good you found Bright Cecilia. Enjoy exploring the plethora of classical music again. There are some great recommendations here.
I am an avid listener to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tmr6
Old 14-06-11, 10:04 AM

ayjaygeebee is on a distinguished road

Thanks to you all for your kind welcomes. I have managed to catch snatches of c.music occasionally. Sonatina - I hadn't listed to R3 for years, and it was one edition of the early music programme presented by Catherine Bott that re-awoke my sleeping musical heart. I think it was around October 2009, when she introduced a performance by Stile Antico, though I can't quite remember exactly which one. That reminded me of one of my favourite pieces by Ralph Vaughn Williams, the Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis, which I then hunted down again.
I guess both are pretty middle-of-the-road for classical guru's, but for me this is still music heaven.